Grizfolk - Grizfolk
If Grizfolk, the band, are a study in dichotomy and contrast, then Grizfolk, the album, is the bridge where it all connects. With the release of their self-titled third full-length record, the band creates a place where folk stompers and electronic synths cozy up to the same driving backbeat and golden riffs in a pertinent and perfect way.
And just as we all were forced to adjust our ways of working—and existing—during the pandemic, the band, too, learned to adapt their own methods and evolve with the era. The band embraced the benefits this brave new style of working afforded them while also keying in on the sound’s similarities to both their previous albums, calling the process both nostalgic and new. From the emotional charge of “Fumes” and its “voice for the voiceless” sense of overcoming fears to find confidence, to the ferociously catchy riff that begins the upbeat lament of “Now That I Know,” the new tracks work together with their Rich Costey-sessions material (including “The Ripple”) to present a band firing on all cylinders by revisiting everything they have done before in order to put forward the best current version of themselves.
• 240M+ global streams to date
• Billboard included Money in “10 Cool New Pop Songs To Get You Through The Week”
• Previous support with: Billboard, Paste, Entertainment Weekly, Spin
• Previous radio support with KCRW/Los Angeles, KCSN/Los Angeles, WRLT/Nashville, KCLC/St Louis, KVNA/Flagstaff, WCBE/Columbus
• “California High” charted Top 50 in the Italian Top 50 Airplay Charts
• Have toured with Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Bastille, X Ambassadors, AJR